Saturday, June 18, 2016

Joe Sakic card #75 1993-94 Parkhurst East-West Stars #E9


  • This page of Sakic cards has 5 photos of him in his home uniform.  Haven't had too many of these until now.  I also like the design of the card, especially the stars in the blue border on the right hand side.  Parkhurst could have been obnoxious and made the stars huge, but in my opinion they got this card right.
  • I went a very long time without this card for my collection.  Then I bought it twice in a week.  Oops...
  • I took a quick look at Joe's career stats, and was surprised to see that he scored at least 1 shorthanded goal in 13 straight seasons, even leading the NHL in shorties in the 98-99 season with 5.   I never thought of Joe as a penalty killer until seeing those stats.
- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment