- Why I love this Pacific design? There isn't much to it. Borderless photo, logo in the lower left which doesn't take over the card, name and company logo in silver. Simple, plain, elegant.
- Bio on the back: It's in bullets, just like these posts!! Led the Avs in PPG in 97-98 with 12. Again, simple.
- Checked COMC, 4 copies of this for sale. 3 of them between 86 and 90 cents, just about right. 1 copy at $1.75; hope he has a lot of time on his hands, because that's going to sit a long time.
Thursday, May 31, 2018
Wednesday, May 30, 2018
- You can sort of see it in the scan, but the rainbow effect is more evident in hand. If there were more of the effect on the front of the card, it would look really good. With just the last name and the Stadium Club logo having the effect, it's just OK for me.
- At least I only paid 18 cents for it on Sportlots. Love getting PC cards for under a quarter.
- Career homer #284 was hit the day after #283, against the Twins. Kyle Lohse was the victim this time, a 2 run shot that broke a 2-2 tie in the bottom of the 3rd, and the Indians would score 4 more in the 4th to chase Kyle on their way to an 8-4 win. This would make a winner of Bartolo Colon(3-0) who is still pitching 16 years later.
Tuesday, May 29, 2018
- I prefer this to the blue (base) version I showed earlier today. It's a lot easier to see the lettering and it just looks better in my opinion.
- I imagine if the base version is just over $1, this would probably be around $2.50? Didn't see any copies on COMC or on ebay. I guess I don't have to worry too much about it since I already have it in hand.
- Game #30 is Ichiro's 2nd consecutive 2 hit game in Canada. This time he hits a double and a triple, scores twice and drives in 2 more in a 7-5 win. His hit streak is now 12 games.
- Any Ichiro card is a good card to add to the collection, but it makes me wonder if that's a real signature on the front. I know it's not hard signed, but it does look like something that I could accomplish.
- Two copies of this card currently on COMC, $1.24 to $1.50 is the range. Not bad. I still need the Gold version which is at $9.50 right now.
- Game #29 for Ichiro is his first outside of the US as a MLB player. He goes 2 for 4 with 2 runs scored in an 8-3 loss to the Jays. The 2 hits increase his hitting streak to 11 games.
Monday, May 28, 2018
- Brilliant. That's how I would describe the person whose idea it was to recreate old sets with current ballplayers.
- Maybe Topps should just use their '52 design for their living set. But that's just me talking...
- Career homer #283 was his first of the 2002 season. What a way to start a 52 HR season, it was a grand slam off of Minnesota's Rick Reed. The granny would increase the 2nd inning lead for the Indians to 7-2 on their way to a 9-3 win. It would also be the Indians 8th win in their first 9 games of the '02 season.
Sunday, May 27, 2018
- I really didn't care for the Choice Reserve parallels. They are very difficult to see and really don't do anything different from the base card.
- One of the most limited cards I have of Joe, it's #'d 87/100.
- We're back after a 3 month absence. I kind of set this blog aside while I was cleaning up both my collection and getting the base blog rolling again. I've done both to a certain degree.