- Anything featuring Fitzgerald and a big shot of the Cardinals logo (especially with the dark red) will be a big weakness of mine.
- Serial #'d 150/1000. I've had quite a lot of luck picking up serial #'d cards of Larry for less than a buck, many of them around 50 cents.
- Everyone talks about Fitz being a lock for the HOF, but how about Anquan Boldin? 100+ catches 2x, 80+ catches in 5 other seasons. 13,779 career yards, Super Bowl ring with the Ravens in 2012. My lasting impression of Anquan will be that he was a tough WR to defend against, very physical.
Thursday, January 10, 2019
Monday, January 7, 2019
- Good to see that all those photos at the rookie shoot didn't go to waste; 6 photos on the front of the card!!
- Someone forgot to tell Larry that he could keep his eyes open on this shot. No need to prepare to get hit by a defender here.
- 29 copies of this card currently on COMC. Cheapest card is $3.50, most expensive is $5.25. This tells me one thing; I'm pretty sure that Wes sent me this card. Thanks Wes!
Sunday, January 6, 2019
- Been a while since I wrote a post on here, and I've been on a bit of a Fitzgerald binge lately, so why not get started writing again with a Fitz card?
- Bio on the back: Formed a trio with Anquan Boldin and Bryant Johnson in his rookie season to give the Cardinals a solid group of WR's.
- I'll be approaching 250 cards of Fitz when my next COMC order comes in. Yes, I am working on quite a few sets as well but I figure I'm going to try and get as many of Fitzgerald's cards on the cheap before he retires then hits the HOF.
Saturday, August 4, 2018
- Post #888 on this blog tonight, so I decided to go with the player that made me start this up.
- Love this card, it's hard to believe that it's a Pacific design. Especially for Crown Royale, which is usually one of Pacific's flashier products.
- Market watch: 6 copies of this card currently on COMC, ranging from 63 cents to $1.10. Maybe it's because this post is happening during the COMC summer sale, but this is surprisingly cheap for a Crown Royale card.
- Career goal #311 came 10/15/97 vs. the Oilers. It was the Avs 5th goal of the game, scored on the PP and helped them to a 6-2 win. This kept their unbeaten streak going to 7 games at the start of the 97-98 season. Curtis Joseph was in the nets for the Oilers that night.
Thursday, August 2, 2018
- Once again I've caught up; all the McCutchen cards that I have for my collection have been posted to the blog.
- Love the teal parallels, this one is serial #'d 14/199.
- Market Watch: Just one copy of this version on sale right now, listed at 95 cents (52% off for the summer sale). If I didn't have one already I'd jump on that price. There's a copy on ebay right now that's showing a BIN of $6.95.
- Still have yet to get a McCutchen card featuring him in a Giants uniform. Maybe down the road I'll hunt for one of those.
Wednesday, August 1, 2018
- It's funny what you can find when you dig through piles and piles of cards. This was one of approximately 10 PC cards I found on a recent dig.
- The 2011 set is probably my favorite design so far this decade. It just appeals to me more than all of the other sets over the past 8 years.
- Market watch: 21 copies currently on COMC, ranging from 44 cents to $1.05. Not bad really, no cards with outlandish prices...
- I'm sure Cutch is glad that July is gone. .227 average with 2 HR and 7 RBI for the month isn't going to cut it...
Monday, July 30, 2018
- There are 6 players from the first round of the 2004 draft class still playing in the NFL. Fitz is one, see if you can name the other 5.
- 66 catches for Larry this year will give him 1300 for his career. Only Jerry Rice and Tony Gonzalez have hit that milestone.
- Market Watch: 5 copies currently on COMC, all within a dollar of each other, which is surprising. $4.05 to $4.99 is the range, which again is very affordable for a sure fire HOF candidate.
- Love the look on Larry's face in this photo. I'm sure he had it on many a catch at Pitt, almost willing the QB to get him the ball as he was behind another defender.
Saturday, July 28, 2018
- Just watched a two jumbo box break with Colbey on twitter featuring the 2016 Optic product. Saw a few Cutch cards come out there...
- Originally thought the border was purple. Eyes are playing tricks on me.
- Market Watch: 3 copies currently on COMC, ranging from 84 cents to $1.10. Not bad.
- August is coming, time for Andrew to get hot. Would love to see him go on a run and get his 1600th career hit before the 31st of August. He needs 41.
Friday, July 27, 2018
- I will say this. I'm really happy with the new scanner. I love how this card scanned. The gold doesn't look terrible like it usually does.
- I always get Aurora and Omega confused. Don't know why, just do.
- There are 2 parallels that I need, red and silver (#'d to 250)
- Market Watch: 5 copies of this card currently on COMC, between 70 and 99 cents. That's pretty good if you ask me...
- There's a Cel Fusions insert from this release that I still need. 1 listed at $5. The other listed at $10. Don't need it that bad.
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
- Would love to know what the front of the card says. I have a hard enough time reading English lately, let alone Japanese.
- That being said, I think the red background really is a nice contrast to the Mariners blue.
- Believe it or not. This is the first card from the 2008 Topps base set to be posted on the blog.
- Market Watch: A whopping 32 copies of this card on COMC right now, priced from 65 cents to $5.25 (wishful thinking). I could see $1 for this card being very reasonable.
- Career game #40 is Ichiro's 6th straight multi hit game, a 3 for 5 performance in a 5-1 win over the White Sox. During the 6 multi hit game streak, Ichiro is 16 for 29 (.552) and has seen his season average climb from .338 to .371. Oh, and the win is the 8th straight for the M's who see their season record climb to 31-9.