- Post #888 on this blog tonight, so I decided to go with the player that made me start this up.
- Love this card, it's hard to believe that it's a Pacific design. Especially for Crown Royale, which is usually one of Pacific's flashier products.
- Market watch: 6 copies of this card currently on COMC, ranging from 63 cents to $1.10. Maybe it's because this post is happening during the COMC summer sale, but this is surprisingly cheap for a Crown Royale card.
- Career goal #311 came 10/15/97 vs. the Oilers. It was the Avs 5th goal of the game, scored on the PP and helped them to a 6-2 win. This kept their unbeaten streak going to 7 games at the start of the 97-98 season. Curtis Joseph was in the nets for the Oilers that night.
Saturday, August 4, 2018
Thursday, August 2, 2018
- Once again I've caught up; all the McCutchen cards that I have for my collection have been posted to the blog.
- Love the teal parallels, this one is serial #'d 14/199.
- Market Watch: Just one copy of this version on sale right now, listed at 95 cents (52% off for the summer sale). If I didn't have one already I'd jump on that price. There's a copy on ebay right now that's showing a BIN of $6.95.
- Still have yet to get a McCutchen card featuring him in a Giants uniform. Maybe down the road I'll hunt for one of those.
Wednesday, August 1, 2018
- It's funny what you can find when you dig through piles and piles of cards. This was one of approximately 10 PC cards I found on a recent dig.
- The 2011 set is probably my favorite design so far this decade. It just appeals to me more than all of the other sets over the past 8 years.
- Market watch: 21 copies currently on COMC, ranging from 44 cents to $1.05. Not bad really, no cards with outlandish prices...
- I'm sure Cutch is glad that July is gone. .227 average with 2 HR and 7 RBI for the month isn't going to cut it...
Monday, July 30, 2018
- There are 6 players from the first round of the 2004 draft class still playing in the NFL. Fitz is one, see if you can name the other 5.
- 66 catches for Larry this year will give him 1300 for his career. Only Jerry Rice and Tony Gonzalez have hit that milestone.
- Market Watch: 5 copies currently on COMC, all within a dollar of each other, which is surprising. $4.05 to $4.99 is the range, which again is very affordable for a sure fire HOF candidate.
- Love the look on Larry's face in this photo. I'm sure he had it on many a catch at Pitt, almost willing the QB to get him the ball as he was behind another defender.
Saturday, July 28, 2018
- Just watched a two jumbo box break with Colbey on twitter featuring the 2016 Optic product. Saw a few Cutch cards come out there...
- Originally thought the border was purple. Eyes are playing tricks on me.
- Market Watch: 3 copies currently on COMC, ranging from 84 cents to $1.10. Not bad.
- August is coming, time for Andrew to get hot. Would love to see him go on a run and get his 1600th career hit before the 31st of August. He needs 41.
Friday, July 27, 2018
- I will say this. I'm really happy with the new scanner. I love how this card scanned. The gold doesn't look terrible like it usually does.
- I always get Aurora and Omega confused. Don't know why, just do.
- There are 2 parallels that I need, red and silver (#'d to 250)
- Market Watch: 5 copies of this card currently on COMC, between 70 and 99 cents. That's pretty good if you ask me...
- There's a Cel Fusions insert from this release that I still need. 1 listed at $5. The other listed at $10. Don't need it that bad.
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
- Would love to know what the front of the card says. I have a hard enough time reading English lately, let alone Japanese.
- That being said, I think the red background really is a nice contrast to the Mariners blue.
- Believe it or not. This is the first card from the 2008 Topps base set to be posted on the blog.
- Market Watch: A whopping 32 copies of this card on COMC right now, priced from 65 cents to $5.25 (wishful thinking). I could see $1 for this card being very reasonable.
- Career game #40 is Ichiro's 6th straight multi hit game, a 3 for 5 performance in a 5-1 win over the White Sox. During the 6 multi hit game streak, Ichiro is 16 for 29 (.552) and has seen his season average climb from .338 to .371. Oh, and the win is the 8th straight for the M's who see their season record climb to 31-9.
Monday, July 23, 2018
- This is the 2nd of 3 Donruss Originals from 2002 that feature Jim. I really like the "swoosh" design (well that's what it reminds me of anyhow), and have a couple of others in PCs that are similar to this.
- Bio on the back: Thome went deep in seven straight games from June 25 through July 3rd to come within one game of matching a major league record shared by three players.
- Market Watch: One copy of this card on COMC right now, priced at $2.50. I have no idea what packs went for back in 2002, but I'm guessing that this is kind of pricey.
- Career homer #295 was the 2nd of the game for Jim on 5/30/02 against the Tigers. Jose Lima was the victim this time, a 3 run shot that put the game out of reach. The Tribe won 11-7, making a winner of reliever David Riske, who struck out the side in the 6th.
Sunday, July 22, 2018
- Textbook catch, even if it's during a photo shoot. Clearly Larry is looking the ball into his hands.
- The card # on the back is almost impossible to read. It's in a small gray box in the upper left corner with white numbers. Had to get the magnifying glass with the light to read it.
- Market watch: Kind of surprised that there were only 2 copies on COMC. One at $3.25, the other at $7.
- Career catch #11 was his first catch that didn't gain any yardage. It was the last play of the first quarter against the Falcons in week 3 of 2004. Brutal game as the Falcons won 6-3.
Friday, July 20, 2018
- Sheer accident. Happened upon this card at a 5/$1 table at last weekend's card show. That's always the way; when you're not looking for something it pops up.
- Serial # 272/2012. Was surprised to see that I don't have this card or its base card posted at all.
- Market Watch: 4 copies currently on COMC, 3 of them at the $1.74/$1.75 level, for me that's about right. Priciest copy is $3.99 which is a little high, but not outrageous.
- Still can't believe it's been two years out of baseball already for Brett. Still only 28, would love to see him get another chance.