Thursday, November 3, 2016

Joe Sakic card #127 1995-96 SkyBox Emotion Xcited #13

  • You ever have one of those old black and white tube TV's back in the 70's where the picture is kind of shadowy?  That's what the background of this card reminds me of.  No offense to Adam Deadmarsh, of course.
  • I'm kind of excited to finally be starting the Avalanche portion of my Sakic collection (I still have two Nordique Crash the Game cards, they'll be coming up shortly).  There's a lot of variety coming up, which I'm really looking forward to showing off.
  • Bio on the back: "Smokin" Joe Sakic.....  I can't say that I've ever heard that nickname for Joe.  Super Joe and Burnaby Joe yes, but Smokin is one that can honestly say is new to me.
  • Career goal #127 for Joe was scored 1/9/92 against the Boston Bruins.  It ended a 12 game drought, however it wasn't enough as the Nordiques lost 5-4, with Andy Moog the goaltender responsible for giving up the goal.
- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment