Sunday, March 27, 2016

Jim Thome card #37 1994 Donruss #523


  • Had to do a little digging to see what the patch was on Jim's right arm.  It was to honor the deaths of pitchers Steve Olin and Tim Crews during spring training in 1993. I had forgotten about the boating accident that had claimed their lives...
  • This is the 10th different set that I've featured from 1994 for Thome.  I still have 2 more to post, and yet another 2 from '94 that I don't own yet.  Anything else that I don't have for Jim from '94 is a parallel or insert.
  • '94 Donruss sets are quite reasonable if you're looking for one.  The set is 660 cards (2 series of 330 each) and lists for $30.  
  • I'm going to say that Jim hit a single just by his reaction--a homer would have meant him looking upward...
- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment