Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Joe Sakic card #143 1995-96 Upper Deck Special Edition Gold #111

  • If you think that my frugal nature when it comes to cards was born when I started the "$30 a week habit" blog, think again.  I waited 15 years to buy this card.  Why?  Every copy I came across the price was too high.  It has an 8x multiplier on it, and I refused to pay double digits for the Gold version.  I finally found it for $8 a few years ago...
  • None the less, I love the card.  Finally landing this was one of the highlights of my Sakic collecting "career".  
  • I noticed that directly behind Joe you'll see two women sitting in the 2nd row behind the glass.  I can't say that I've ever seen women shown on a hockey card in the crowd.  Baseball  I know I've seen, but not hockey.   The things you notice sometimes.
- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment