Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Brett Lawrie card #42 2013 Pinnacle #131

  • Is is just me, or does that swing look painful?  I'm also wondering if the lack of MLB license also means that Panini couldn't use the same style of numbering that the Jays use.  I can't say I've ever seen the Jays uniform #'s look like that.
  • At least Panini kept the standard black border that Pinnacle is known for.  I think the logo and the surrounding black area take up too much space on the card however.
  • Bio on the back:  " ...was the highest Canadian position player ever drafted and eventually became the 16th native to actually suit up for Toronto."  I can remember a few names off the top of my head (Dave McKay, Denis Boucher, Paul Quantrill, Russell Martin), but I'll have to do a bit of research to come up with a lot of the others.  
- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment