Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Jim Thome card #146, 1998 Donruss Studio #96

  • I've said it before and I'll say it again, as the years have passed, the Donruss Studio sets have grown on me.  I really like how it evolved with the studio shot in front and the action shot in the background.   Well done.
  • Bio on the back:  "To celebrate Jim's birthday on Aug. 27, 1997, Jim's teammates copied his throwback high-sock look for a game at Anaheim Stadium.  They beat the Angels 10-4, and wore their socks high for the rest of the season and the playoffs."   Love anecdotes like this on cards!!!
  • Studio, another set that Beckett forgot about.  Looked in the most recent issue I own (Oct. '16) and it's not there.  So I went to my backup "price guide", COMC, and found that there weren't any copies of this card for sale.  There were the press proof version and the gold version, but none of the base.  
- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment