Saturday, May 28, 2016

Jim Thome card #63 1996 Leaf Preferred #57


  • Can't say that I like the "LP" on the left hand side.  When I first took a good look at the card, I thought the letters were "ID".  Any card that features the Indians logo on it can't be all bad though.  
  • This is already the 5th different set from 1996 that I've shown for Thome, and there are plenty more where this came from.  It might be July before I hit 1997 Thome cards...
  • The '96 Leaf Preferred set is listed at $25, and for a 150 card set, that's not too bad.  
  • Thanks to baseballcardpedia.com, I learned something today.   The Press Proofs for this set can only be spotted by the foil on the front, which is in gold.  There is nothing that indicates serial numbering or the words press proof in any way.   Crazy....
- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment