Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Jim Thome card #59 1996 Bowmans Best #47


  • This is the first of 26 cards that I have of Thome from the 1996 releases.  Twenty-six, and only one is a parallel (and I don't have the base card, go figure).  Overkill baby!!
  • I get the idea that the open area of the background is in the shape of a baseball diamond.  I think the rest of the card (the stripes) kind of takes away from the design.   But that's just me.
  • Home run #59 came on April 30, 1996 against Kevin Tapani.  The solo shot tied the game at 3-3, and the Indians would go on to score 2 more runs in a 5-3 win against the White Sox.  I didn't even remember that Tapani spent a season on the south side before moving to the north side of Chicago to finish his career.
- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment