Friday, April 1, 2016

Still happy with how things are going (post #100)---March review

When I first started this blog at the beginning of the year, my main concern was whether I would be able to stay motivated enough to write enough to maintain a one post per day pace.

The power of scheduling posts along with enough spare time on weekend mornings has equaled 100 posts; 97 about the cards and this the 3rd of 3 monthly reviews to date.

The number of followers remained the same, 4.  No worries, because most of the posts have actually been getting more views.  Many posts over the past few weeks have anywhere from 7 to 14 views, which has been very encouraging.  As of this writing, March has seen 445 page views (including one night where I'm pretty sure a bot hit the site), by far the most productive month of the 3.




I introduced my 4th player PC this month, Andrew McCutchen.  I only have a little over 20 of his cards so far, but there's a lot out there that can be picked up for a decent price.  That fact also applies to the original 3 PCs.

A quick count of the base, parallel and insert cards of Sakic (508) and Thome (381) show that those PCs are progressing quite nicely, which means that there will be plenty of posts for quite a while.


I'm going to announce my 5th player PC sometime in April.  I'm waiting a bit in order to go through my Leafs collection to see if I have any more cards of this player, who was one of my favorites during his 8 years as a Leaf in the 90's.   This will be the last player PC that I'll add for a long time, there's just too many vintage sets I have going to keep adding more players.

- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment