Saturday, October 29, 2016

Jim Thome card #126 1998 Fleer Ultra Big Shots #BS12


  • Bio on the back:  "Jim Thome smacked a pair of no-doubt-about-them home runs against the White Sox on 6/3/97 for the fifth two homer game of his American League career."  Wonder why Fleer found it necessary to put in "American League"?
  • I've never been to Jacobs Field in Cleveland, but I'm assuming that the stadium below Jim represents that.  Please correct me if I'm wrong...
  • I like the baseball in the upper right corner, it appears that it's headed towards the moon.  If it were an actual baseball coming off of Jim's bat, that would have been even better...
- Robert

1 comment:

  1. No the stadium piece on the bottom of this card doesn't have any connection to Progressive Field. You need to get there to see the Thome statue. I was there in July when he was inducted in the team hall of fame, and it was quite the emotional night.

    ReplyDelete