Saturday, August 13, 2016

Andrew McCutchen card #23 2012 Topps Heritage #87


  • I took a quick look at the Trading Card Database website because I knew that there were variations made of many of the cards in this set.   This card isn't one of them.  It was interesting to see that the autographed versions of McCutchen's cards in this set show him with a slightly different photo, from the shoulders up.
  • Bio on the back:  "Andrew did it all for Pittsburgh in 2011, leading the club in RBI, SBs, HRs, BBs, 2Bs, and Rs."  If that doesn't scream team MVP, I don't know what does.
  • I keep reading that Andrew was the 11th player taken in the 2005 draft, so I finally decided to look at the top 10.  It's a pretty solid group...
  1. Justin Upton
  2. Alex Gordon
  3. Jeff Clement
  4. Ryan Zimmerman
  5. Ryan Braun
  6. Ricky Romero
  7. Troy Tulowitzki
  8. Wade Townsend (never made it to the majors)
  9. Mike Pelfrey
  10. Cameron Maybin
 - Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment