Friday, June 15, 2018

Ichiro card #34 2008 Upper Deck Spectrum blue parallel card #85

  • Love the look of this card.  The blue in the design works well with the blue on the Mariners uniforms.
  • Bio on the back: "...drove in two runs and hit the event's first ever inside the park HR."  I've never been much for watching all star games, but I think I'm going to have to find that piece of footage on you tube.  Here you go  Inside the park
  • Shows how much I know.  I thought the blue version was the base.  Nope, that's the purple version.  Blue and green are the parallels (green #'d to 99 copies).
  • Game #34:  He increases his hit streak to 16 games, but his average over the past 2 days has dropped 11 points from .349 to .338.  Ichiro goes 1 for 5 and drives in a run as the M's win the series with a 5-2 victory over the Red Sox.   Off to Toronto for the next 3 games...
- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment