Thursday, June 29, 2017

Joe Sakic card #211 1997-98 Pacific Dynagon #34

  • Amazing how the white dots in the lower left hand corner of the card look like holes.  I had to check for myself after scanning the card to see if they were...
  • I like the starburst type design of the card.  For all the foil that is on the card, the design actually works for me.  I just noticed that Pacific doesn't list the player's position on the card as well.  I looked at a lot of the other Pacific sets from this season, and they don't list Joe as a center as well.
  • There are 6 parallels of this card.  I can't recall ever seeing one of them.  
  • Bio on the back:  "...Joe eclipsed the 300 goal and 500 assist milestones."  Joe finished 96-97 with 307 career goals, 97 of those on the power play.  14.3% of Joe's shots found the net by then, or roughly one out of every 7.  Solid numbers indeed.
- Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment